Transfer Student Admission
The Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine accepts, on a limited basis, transfer students from other veterinary medical colleges to fill vacancies in the freshmen or sophomore classes. Transfer guidelines are as follows:
From a veterinary school not accredited by the AVMA:
- Applicants for transfer into the second semester of the first year must have completed coursework equivalent to coursework taught in the first semester of the first year at MSU-CVM.
- Applicants for transfer into the first semester of the second year must have completed coursework equivalent to coursework taught in the first year at MSU-CVM.
- Applicants for transfer into the second semester of the second year must have completed coursework equivalent to all coursework taught in the first three semesters at MSU-CVM plus have had equivalent surgery laboratories.
From a veterinary school accredited by the AVMA:
- Applicants are considered on a case-by-case basis with regard to length of time in current program.
- Any applicant considered for transfer admission must be in good academic standing (defined as being eligible to continue at current school from current point in the curriculum), never have failed a course while in veterinary medical school, never have been dismissed from a veterinary school and must have completed at least a full academic year at current veterinary school.
- Any applicants considered for transfer admission will be required to attend an interview at Mississippi State University.
- Typically, transfer applicants are not accepted into our program at a point later than first semester of the sophomore year. Accordingly, if a student should pursue application to Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine and be accepted, it would be necessary for that student to complete at least two years at Mississippi State University to be eligible for a degree.
- Students accepted for transfer are required to meet the current computer requirements of the college.
Entry points for transfer students into the curriculum are as follows:
|Entry into the curriculum:
|Spring semester, Freshman
|Fall semester, Sophomore
To apply for admission as a transfer student to the Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine, an applicant must submit: a completed application .
- $100.00 application fee
- letter of intent
- current resume
- official transcripts of all undergraduate and veterinary or other college work
Upon receipt of this material, college personnel perform an analysis of the records, determine eligibility for transfer and, if applicable, the appropriate entry point into our curriculum. An interview is required before acceptance into our program and is conducted only when an opening has been identified in a class.
Questions should be directed to:
Office of Student Admissions
College of Veterinary Medicine
P.O. Box 6100
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Phone: 662-325-4161 or 662-325-2749