Support Services - Pharmacy
Hours of Operation: 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday; closed weekends and University holidays;
emergency on-call service provided
The AHC Pharmacy is licensed by the Mississippi Board of Pharmacy as an institutional pharmacy and supports the mission of the college in providing teaching, research, and service.
Medications and supplies are dispensed for animal use only.
Services provided by the pharmacy include:
- Dispense prescription and non-prescription medications for patients of the teaching hospital
- Support teaching and research projects of the college
- Provide drug information consultations for faculty, staff, students, veterinary practitioners, and community pharmacists.
- Provide specialty services:
Offer clinical pharmacy elective for veterinary students
Offer clinical clerkship for doctor of pharmacy students
- Sterile and non-sterile compounding to meet individual patient needs
- Parenteral nutrition
- Antineoplastic drug preparation
Mississippi Board of Pharmacy
Food and Drug Administration
Drug Enforcement Administration
Society of Veterinary Hospital Pharmacists
American College of Veterinary Pharmacists
United States Pharmacopeia
Merck Veterinary Manual