Alumni Weekend 2013: November 1 & 2
This year, we're adding even more fun to the Pegasus Gala! Golf, art shows, and more round out our weekend's activities. Make plans to join us to celebrate the classes of 1983, 1988, 1993, 1998, 2003, and 2008. Those are our officially honored classes, but we want all alumni to join us for a great time!
Friday, November 1, 2013
Hilton Garden Inn
975 Hwy 12 East * Starkville, MS
5:30 pm Cocktail Hour
6:30 pm Dinner and Programme
Special Guest, National Geographic explorer and bestselling author Helen Thayer presents "Polar Dream"
Tickets $40 each or $70 for two
Want to know more about Helen? Visit her site, www.helenthayer.com
Saturday, November 2, 2013
Golf Outing and Barbecue
University Golf Course & Little Dooey of Starkville
12 noon tee time - Barbecue immediately following
$60 per person or $100 for two
RSVP to Brandi Van Ormer
firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-325-0465
More Fun and Interesting Events:
- Human Animal Bond Lecture Series * CVM Auditorium daily at 12 noon
- Monday, October 28: Dr. Kari Lunsford / Comparative medical research: benefiting pets and their people, too"
- Tuesday, October 29: Michael & Cathy Stewart, Wildrose Kennels / "Training and Relationship-building the Wildrose Way"
- Wednesday, October 30: Jon Fleenor, Katie Farms / "Operating the Small Family Farm"
- Thursday, October 30: Helen Thayer / "Among the Wolves"
Arts & Letters
All week long, the CVM is sponsoring an art show featuring the works of Kathryn Hunter at the Cullis Wade Depot. Hunter's work celebrates the human-animal bond in mixed media. See more at http://kathrynhunterfineart.com/home.html
Book signing by Dr. Kathryn Primm (DVM 1996) Dr. Primm's book, Tennessee Tails: Stories of Pets and Their People, is making a splash! http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tennessee-tails-kathryn-primm-dvm/1115523029?ean=9781484906149
Make Your Reservations
The following hotels are holding room blocks for CVM Alumni Weekend:
- Hilton Garden Inn 662-315-9664
- La Quinta Inn 662-270-4100
Questions about anything? Call Brandi at 662-325-0465 or email email@example.com