Attila Karsi, B.S., M.S., Ph.D.
Research Associate Professor
College of Veterinary Medicine
P.O. Box 6100
Mississippi State, MS 39762-6100
- B.S. - Ankara University
- M.S. - Auburn University
- Ph.D. - Auburn University
- Infectious diseases
- Mucosal immunity
- Host-pathoghen interactions
- Functional genomics
- Fish models of infectious diseases
- Bacterial pathogenesis and live attenuated vaccine development.
- Development of bioluminescent and fluorescent fish pathogens using
- Pathogen tracking on live fish using bioluminescence imaging
- Transcriptomics analysis using microarrays
- Proteomics analysis using LC MS, 2-DE, and DIGE
- Transposon mutagenesis and determining transposon insertion sites
- Targeted gene deletions using SOE PCR and suicide plasmids
- Lambda red mediated gene manipulation.
This lab values collaborative work. Thus, we will be glad to hear from
you if you are interested in using any of these technologies in your